Synonyms / Related
Definitions of usher:
- noun: someone employed to conduct others
- noun: an official doorkeeper as in a courtroom or legislative chamber
- noun: Irish prelate who deduced from the Bible that Creation occurred in the year 4004 BC (1581-1656)
- verb: show (someone) to their seats, as in theaters or auditoriums
Example: "The usher showed us to our seats"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4563)
Search for usher at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...