Get our highly rated iPhone/iPad or Android RhymeZone apps!
Definitions of use:
- noun: the act of using
Example: "He warned against the use of narcotic drugs"
- noun: a particular service
Example: "He put his knowledge to good use"
- noun: (law) the exercise of the legal right to enjoy the benefits of owning property
Example: "We were given the use of his boat"
- noun: exerting shrewd or devious influence especially for one's own advantage
- noun: a pattern of behavior acquired through frequent repetition
Example: "Long use had hardened him to it"
- noun: what something is used for
Example: "Ballet is beautiful but what use is it?"
- noun: (economics) the utilization of economic goods to satisfy needs or in manufacturing
- verb: habitually do something (use only in the past tense)
Example: "She used to call her mother every week but now she calls only occasionally"
- verb: seek or achieve an end by using to one's advantage
Example: "She uses her influential friends to get jobs"
- verb: use up, consume fully
- verb: put into service; make work or employ (something) for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
Example: "Use your head!"
- verb: take or consume (regularly or habitually)
Example: "She uses drugs rarely"
- verb: avail oneself to
Example: "Use care when going down the stairs"
Search for use at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse