Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of underground:
- noun: a secret group organized to overthrow a government or occupation force
- noun: electric underground railway
- adjective: conducted with or marked by hidden aims or methods
Example: "Underground resistance"
- adjective: under the level of the ground
Example: "Underground caverns"
- adjective: used of independent armed resistance forces
- adverb: beneath the surface of the earth
Example: "Water flowing underground"
- adverb: in or into hiding or secret operation
Example: "The organization was driven underground"
Search for underground at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...