Definitions of uncertain:
- adjective: not safe from danger or mishap
Example: "Faced an uncertain future"
- adjective: not firm or secure
Example: "Balancing three boxes in an uncertain pile"
- adjective: ambiguous (especially in the negative)
Example: "She spoke in no uncertain terms"
- adjective: not established beyond doubt; still undecided or unknown
Example: "An uncertain future"
- adjective: lacking or indicating lack of confidence or assurance
Example: "Uncertain of his convictions"
- adjective: not certain to occur; not inevitable
Example: "Everything is uncertain about the army"
- adjective: not consistent or dependable
Example: "An uncertain recollection of events"
- adjective: not established or confirmed
- adjective: subject to change
Example: "The weather is uncertain"
Search for uncertain at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse