Definitions of turkey:
- noun: large gallinaceous bird with fan-shaped tail; widely domesticated for food
- noun: an event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual
Example: "The first experiment was a real turkey"
- noun: flesh of large domesticated fowl usually roasted
- noun: a Eurasian republic in Asia Minor and the Balkans; achieved independence from the Ottoman Empire in 1923
- noun: a person who does something thoughtless or annoying
- noun: wild turkey of Central America and northern South America
Search for turkey at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse