Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of tumble:
- noun: an acrobatic feat of rolling or turning end over end
- noun: a sudden drop from an upright position
- verb: put clothes in a tumbling barrel, where they are whirled about in hot air, usually with the purpose of drying
Example: "Wash in warm water and tumble dry"
- verb: fall suddenly and sharply
Example: "Prices tumbled after the devaluation of the currency"
- verb: do gymnastics, roll and turn skillfully
- verb: throw together in a confused mass
Example: "They tumbled the teams with no apparent pattern"
- verb: roll over and over, back and forth
- verb: fall down, as if collapsing
Example: "The tower of the World Trade Center tumbled after the plane hit it"
- verb: suffer a sudden downfall, overthrow, or defeat
- verb: fly around
Example: "The clothes tumbled in the dryer"
- verb: cause to topple or tumble by pushing
- verb: fall apart
- verb: understand, usually after some initial difficulty
Search for tumble at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse