Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of true:
- noun: proper alignment; the property possessed by something that is in correct or proper alignment
Example: "Out of true"
- verb: make level, square, balanced, or concentric
Example: "True up the cylinder of an engine"
- adjective: consistent with fact or reality; not false
Example: "The story is true"
- adjective: conforming to definitive criteria
Example: "The horseshoe crab is not a true crab"
- adjective: accurately placed or thrown
Example: "His aim was true"
- adjective: reliable as a basis for action
Example: "A true prophesy"
- adjective: accurately fitted; level
Example: "The window frame isn't quite true"
- adjective: devoted (sometimes fanatically) to a cause or concept or truth
Example: "True believers bonded together against all who disagreed with them"
- adjective: expressing or given to expressing the truth
Example: "A true statement"
- adjective: not synthetic or spurious; of real or natural origin
Example: "True gold"
- adjective: in tune; accurate in pitch
Example: "A true note"
- adverb: as acknowledged
Example: "True, she is the smartest in her class"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3521)
Search for true at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse