Definitions of trouble:
- noun: an effort that is inconvenient
Example: "I went to a lot of trouble"
- noun: a source of difficulty
Example: "One trouble after another delayed the job"
- noun: an event causing distress or pain
Example: "What is the trouble?"
- noun: an unwanted pregnancy
Example: "He got several girls in trouble"
- noun: an angry disturbance
Example: "They had labor trouble"
- noun: a strong feeling of anxiety
Example: "He wanted to die and end his troubles"
- verb: to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
Example: "Sorry to trouble you, but..."
- verb: take the trouble to do something; concern oneself
Example: "He did not trouble to call his mother on her birthday"
- verb: cause bodily suffering to
- verb: move deeply
- verb: disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed
Search for trouble at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse