Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of troop:
- noun: a group of soldiers
- noun: a cavalry unit corresponding to an infantry company
- noun: an orderly crowd
Example: "A troop of children"
- noun: a unit of girl or boy scouts
- verb: move or march as if in a crowd
Example: "They children trooped into the room"
- verb: march in a procession
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #19912)
Search for troop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...