Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of troll:
- noun: angling by drawing a baited line through the water
- noun: a fisherman's lure that is used in trolling
Example: "He used a spinner as his troll"
- noun: (Scandanavian folklore) a supernatural creature (either a dwarf or a giant) that is supposed to live in caves or in the mountains
- noun: a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time
- verb: circulate, move around
- verb: speak or recite rapidly or in a rolling voice
- verb: praise or celebrate in song
Example: "All tongues shall troll you"
- verb: sing loudly and without inhibition
- verb: angle with a hook and line drawn through the water
- verb: sing the parts of (a round) in succession
- verb: cause to move round and round
Example: "The child trolled her hoop"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #28208)
Search for troll at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...