Definitions of transpose:
- noun: a matrix formed by interchanging the rows and columns of a given matrix
- verb: change key
Example: "Can you transpose this fugue into G major?"
- verb: put (a piece of music) into another key
- verb: transfer a quantity from one side of an equation to the other side reversing its sign, in order to maintain equality
- verb: transpose and remain equal in value
- verb: transfer from one place or period to another
- verb: cause to change places
- verb: change the order or arrangement of
Example: "Dyslexics often transpose letters in a word"
Search for transpose at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse