Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of transfer:
- noun: the act of transfering something from one form to another
Example: "The transfer of the music from record to tape suppressed much of the background noise"
- noun: transferring ownership
- noun: application of a skill learned in one situation to a different but similar situation
- noun: a ticket that allows a passenger to change conveyances
- noun: someone who transfers or is transferred from one position to another
Example: "The best student was a transfer from LSU"
- noun: the act of transporting something from one location to another
- verb: change from one vehicle or transportation line to another
- verb: cause to change ownership
Example: "I transferred my stock holdings to my children"
- verb: move from one place to another
Example: "Transfer the data"
- verb: transfer somebody to a different position or location of work
- verb: transfer from one place or period to another
- verb: move around
Example: "Transfer the packet from his trouser pockets to a pocket in his jacket"
- verb: shift the position or location of, as for business, legal, educational, or military purposes
- verb: send from one person or place to another
- verb: lift and reset in another soil or situation
Search for transfer at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...