Synonyms / Related
Definitions of transcribe:
- verb: convert the genetic information in (a strand of DNA) into a strand of RNA, especially messenger RNA
- verb: make a phonetic transcription of
Example: "The anthropologist transcribed the sentences of the native informant"
- verb: write out from speech, notes, etc.
Example: "Transcribe the oral history of this tribe"
- verb: rewrite or arrange a piece of music for an instrument or medium other than that originally intended
- verb: rewrite in a different script
Search for transcribe at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...