Definitions of toy:
- noun: a nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier)
Example: "A toy stove"
- noun: any of several breeds of very small dogs kept purely as pets
- noun: copy that reproduces something in greatly reduced size
- noun: an artifact designed to be played with
- verb: manipulate manually or in one's mind or imagination
- verb: behave carelessly or indifferently
- verb: engage in an activity as if it were a game rather than take it seriously
Example: "Toy with an idea"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6335)
Search for toy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse