Definitions of torment:
- noun: a severe affliction
- noun: intense feelings of suffering; acute mental or physical pain
Example: "The torments of the damned"
- noun: extreme mental distress
- noun: a feeling of intense annoyance caused by being tormented
Example: "So great was his harassment that he wanted to destroy his tormentors"
- noun: unbearable physical pain
- noun: the act of harassing someone
- verb: torment emotionally or mentally
- verb: treat cruelly
Example: "The children tormented the stuttering teacher"
- verb: subject to torture
Example: "The sinners will be tormented in Hell, according to the Bible"
Search for torment at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse