Synonyms / Related
Definitions of toggle:
- noun: a fastener consisting of a peg or pin or crosspiece that is inserted into an eye at the end of a rope or a chain or a cable in order to fasten it to something (as another rope or chain or cable)
- noun: any instruction that works first one way and then the other; it turns something on the first time it is used and then turns it off the next time
- noun: a hinged switch that can assume either of two positions
- verb: provide with a toggle or toggles
- verb: release by a toggle switch
Example: "Toggle a bomb from an airplane"
- verb: fasten with, or as if with, a toggle
Search for toggle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...