Definitions of toast:
- noun: slices of bread that have been toasted
- noun: a celebrity who receives much accalim and attention
Example: "He was the toast of the town"
- noun: a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event
- noun: a person in desperate straits; someone doomed
Example: "One mistake and you're toast"
- verb: make brown and crisp by heating
Example: "Toast bread"
- verb: propose a toast to
Example: "Let us toast the birthday girl!"
Search for toast at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse