Definitions of tinker:
- noun: an itinerant Gypsy
- noun: a person who enjoys fixing and experimenting with machines and their parts
- noun: small mackerel found nearly worldwide
- noun: a traveling repairman who mends broken things (such as metal household utensils)
- verb: work as a tinker or tinkerer
- verb: try to fix or mend
Example: "Can you tinker with the T.V. set--it's not working right"
- verb: do random, unplanned work or activities or spend time idly
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4523)
Search for tinker at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse