Definitions of tincture:
- noun: (pharmacology) a medicine consisting of an extract in an alcohol solution
- noun: a substances that colors metals
- noun: a quality of a given color that differs slightly from a primary color
- noun: an indication that something has been present
Example: "A tincture of condescension"
- verb: stain or tint with a color
Example: "The leaves were tinctured with a bright red"
- verb: fill, as with a certain quality
Example: "The heavy traffic tinctures the air with carbon monoxide"
Search for tincture at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse