Definitions of tin:
- noun: a silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion; used in many alloys and to coat other metals to prevent corrosion; obtained chiefly from cassiterite where it occurs as tin oxide
- noun: airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
- noun: metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour
- verb: prepare (a metal) for soldering or brazing by applying a thin layer of solder to the surface
- verb: plate with tin
- verb: preserve in a can or tin
Example: "Tinned foods are not very tasty"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #59683)
Search for tin at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse