Synonyms / Related
Definitions of tide:
- noun: the periodic rise and fall of the sea level under the gravitational pull of the moon
- noun: something that may increase or decrease (like the tides of the sea)
Example: "A rising tide of popular interest"
- noun: there are usually two high and two low tides each day
- verb: be carried with the tide
- verb: cause to float with the tide
- verb: rise or move foward
Search for tide at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...