Definitions of ticket:
- noun: the appropriate or desirable thing
Example: "This car could be just the ticket for a small family"
- noun: a commercial document showing that the holder is entitled to something (as to ride on public transportation or to enter a public entertainment)
- noun: a summons issued to an offender (especially to someone who violates a traffic regulation)
- noun: a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
- verb: provide with a ticket for passage or admission
Example: "Ticketed passengers can board now"
- verb: issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty
Example: "Move your car or else you will be ticketed!"
Search for ticket at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia