Definitions of through:
- adjective: having finished or arrived at completion
Example: "After the treatment, the patient is through except for follow-up"
- adverb: throughout the entire extent
Example: "Got soaked through in the rain"
- adverb: from one end or side to the other
Example: "Jealousy pierced her through"
- adverb: over the whole distance
Example: "This bus goes through to New York"
- adverb: in diameter
Example: "This cylinder measures 15 inches through"
- adverb: from beginning to end
Example: "Read this book through"
- adverb: to completion
Example: "Think this through very carefully!"
Search for through at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse