Synonyms / Related
Definitions of thickly:
- adverb: spoken with poor articulation as if with a thick tongue
Example: "After a few drinks he was beginning to speak thickly"
- adverb: with thickness; in a thick manner
Example: "Spread 1/4 lb softened margarine or cooking fat fairly thickly all over the surface"
- adverb: with a thick consistency
- adverb: in a concentrated manner
Example: "A thickly populated area"
- adverb: in quick succession
Search for thickly at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...