Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of test:
- noun: the act of testing something
- noun: the act of undergoing testing
Example: "He survived the great test of battle"
- noun: any standardized procedure for measuring sensitivity or memory or intelligence or aptitude or personality etc
Example: "The test was standardized on a large sample of students"
- noun: a hard outer covering as of some amoebas and sea urchins
- noun: trying something to find out about it
- noun: a set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge
Example: "When the test was stolen the professor had to make a new set of questions"
- verb: put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
Example: "Test this recipe"
- verb: show a certain characteristic when tested
Example: "He tested positive for HIV"
- verb: undergo a test
Example: "She doesn't test well"
- verb: determine the presence or properties of (a substance)
- verb: achieve a certain score or rating on a test
Example: "She tested high on the LSAT and was admitted to all the good law schools"
- verb: test or examine for the presence of disease or infection
- verb: examine someone's knowledge of something
Example: "The teacher tests us every week"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #19404)
Search for test at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Follow us on Twitter. You probably won't regret it.
There'll be a new contest in a few months.
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse