Definitions of terrace:
- noun: a row of houses built in a similar style and having common dividing walls (or the street on which they face)
Example: "Grosvenor Terrace"
- noun: a level shelf of land interrupting a declivity (with steep slopes above and below)
- noun: usually paved outdoor area adjoining a residence
- verb: provide (a house) with a terrace
- verb: make into terraces as for cultivation
Example: "The Incas terraced their mountainous land"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #53855)
Search for terrace at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse