Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of tender:
- noun: ship that usually provides supplies to other ships
- noun: a boat for communication between ship and shore
- noun: car attached to a locomotive to carry fuel and water
- noun: something used as an official medium of payment
- noun: a formal proposal to buy at a specified price
- noun: someone who waits on or tends to or attends to the needs of another
- verb: make a tender of; in legal settlements
- verb: offer or present for acceptance
- verb: make tender or more tender as by marinating, pounding, or applying a tenderizer
Example: "Tenderize meat"
- verb: propose a payment
- adjective: susceptible to physical or emotional injury
Example: "At a tender age"
- adjective: easy to cut or chew
Example: "Tender beef"
- adjective: physically untoughened
Example: "Tender feet"
- adjective: given to sympathy or gentleness or sentimentality
Example: "A tender heart"
- adjective: (of plants) not hardy; easily killed by adverse growing condition
Example: "Tender green shoots"
- adjective: hurting
Example: "The tender spot on his jaw"
- adjective: (used of boats) inclined to heel over easily under sail
- adjective: having or displaying warmth or affection
Example: "A tender glance"
Search for tender at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse