Definitions of tally:
- noun: a score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely
Example: "Their first tally came in the 3rd inning"
- noun: a bill for an amount due
- noun: the act of counting
- verb: keep score, as in games
- verb: determine the sum of
- verb: gain points in a game
- verb: be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11142)
Search for tally at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse