Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of take out:
- verb: obtain by legal of official process
Example: "Take out a patent"
- verb: purchase prepared food to be eaten at home
- verb: cause to leave
- verb: buy and consume food from a restaurant or establishment that sells prepared food
Example: "We'll take out pizza, since I am too tired to cook"
- verb: remove something from a container or an enclosed space
- verb: remove from its packing
- verb: take out or remove
Example: "Take out the chicken after adding the vegetables"
- verb: take liquid out of a container or well
- verb: remove (a commodity) from (a supply source)
- verb: make a date
- verb: take out of a literary work in order to cite or copy
- verb: draw or pull out, usually with some force or effort; also used in an abstract sense
Example: "Take out a splinter"
- verb: bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover
- verb: prevent from being included or considered or accepted
Search for take out at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...