Definitions of taboo:
- noun: an inhibition or ban resulting from social custom or emotional aversion
- noun: a prejudice (especially in Polynesia and other South Pacific islands) that prohibits the use or mention of something because of its sacred nature
- verb: declare as sacred and forbidden
- adjective: forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands
- adjective: excluded from use or mention
Example: "A taboo subject"
Search for taboo at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse