Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of system:
- noun: instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity
Example: "He bought a new stereo system"
- noun: the living body considered as made up of interdependent components forming a unified whole
Example: "Exercise helped him get the alcohol out of his system"
- noun: a group of physiologically or anatomically related organs or parts
Example: "The body has a system of organs for digestion"
- noun: a complex of methods or rules governing behavior
Example: "They have to operate under a system they oppose"
- noun: a procedure or process for obtaining an objective
Example: "They had to devise a system that did not depend on cooperation"
- noun: a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole
Example: "A vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going"
- noun: (physical chemistry) a sample of matter in which substances in different phases are in equilibrium
Example: "In a static system oil cannot be replaced by water on a surface"
- noun: an ordered manner; orderliness by virtue of being methodical and well organized
Example: "We can't do it unless we establish some system around here"
- noun: an organized structure for arranging or classifying
Example: "He tried to understand their system of classification"
Search for system at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...