Definitions of sweat:
- noun: condensation of moisture on a cold surface
Example: "The cold glasses were streaked with sweat"
- noun: salty fluid secreted by sweat glands
Example: "Sweat poured off his brow"
- noun: agitation resulting from active worry
Example: "He's in a sweat about exams"
- noun: use of physical or mental energy; hard work
- verb: excrete perspiration through the pores in the skin
Example: "Exercise makes one sweat"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3137)
Search for sweat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse