Definitions of swear:
- verb: promise solemnly; take an oath
- verb: make a deposition; declare under oath
- verb: have confidence or faith in
Example: "I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
- verb: utter obscenities or profanities
- verb: to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true
Example: "Before God I swear I am innocent"
Search for swear at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse