Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of suspect:
- noun: someone who is under suspicion
- noun: a person or institution against whom an action is brought in a court of law; the person being sued or accused
- verb: imagine to be the case or true or probable
Example: "I suspect he is a fugitive"
- verb: hold in suspicion; believe to be guilty
Example: "The U.S. suspected Bin Laden as the mastermind behind the terrorist attacks"
- verb: regard as untrustworthy; regard with suspicion; have no faith or confidence in
- adjective: not as expected
Example: "Her motives were suspect"
Search for suspect at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...