Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of Superior:
- noun: a town in northwest Wisconsin on Lake Superior across from Duluth
- noun: the head of a religious community
- noun: one of greater rank or station or quality
- noun: a character or symbol set or printed or written above and immediately to one side of another character
- noun: the largest freshwater lake in the world; the deepest of the Great Lakes
- noun: a combatant who is able to defeat rivals
- adjective: of or characteristic of high rank or importance
Example: "A superior officer"
- adjective: of high or superior quality or performance
Example: "Superior wisdom derived from experience"
- adjective: having an orbit farther from the sun than the Earth's orbit
Example: "Mars and Jupiter are the closest in of the superior planets"
- adjective: (sometimes followed by `to') not subject to or influenced by
Example: "Overcome by a superior opponent"
- adjective: having a higher rank
Example: "Superior officer"
- adjective: written or printed above and to one side of another character
Search for Superior at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse