Announcing the winners of the RhymeZone Poetry Prize!
Definitions of succession:
- noun: acquisition of property by descent or by will
- noun: the action of following in order
- noun: a group of people or things arranged or following in order
Example: "A succession of stalls offering soft drinks"
- noun: (ecology) the gradual and orderly process of change in an ecosystem brought about by the progressive replacement of one community by another until a stable climax is established
- noun: a following of one thing after another in time
Search for succession at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse