Definitions of submit:
- verb: put before
Example: "I submit to you that the accused is guilty"
- verb: submit or yield to another's wish or opinion
- verb: refer for judgment or consideration
Example: "She submitted a proposal to the agency"
- verb: yield to the control of another
- verb: hand over formally
- verb: make over as a return
- verb: make an application as for a job or funding
- verb: refer to another person for decision or judgment
- verb: accept or undergo, often unwillingly
- verb: accept as inevitable
Search for submit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse