Definitions of submission:
- noun: the act of submitting; usually surrendering power to another
- noun: (law) a contention presented by a lawyer to a judge or jury as part of the case he is arguing
- noun: an agreement between parties in a dispute to abide by the decision of an arbiter
- noun: a legal document summarizing an agreement between parties in a dispute to abide by the decision of an arbiter
- noun: something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition)
Example: "Several of his submissions were rejected by publishers"
- noun: the condition of having submitted to control by someone or something else
Example: "The union was brought into submission"
- noun: the feeling of patient submissive humbleness
Search for submission at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse