Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of submarine:
- noun: a submersible warship usually armed with torpedoes
- noun: a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
- verb: attack by submarine
Example: "The Germans submarined the Allies"
- verb: control a submarine
- verb: bring down with a blow to the legs
- verb: throw with an underhand motion
- verb: move forward or under in a sliding motion
Example: "The child was injured when he submarined under the safety belt of the car"
- adjective: beneath the surface of the sea
Search for submarine at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...