Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of stud:
- noun: poker in which each player receives hole cards and the remainder are dealt face up; bets are placed after each card is dealt
- noun: adult male horse kept for breeding
- noun: ornament consisting of a circular rounded protuberance (as on a vault or shield or belt)
- noun: a man who is virile and sexually active
- noun: an upright in house framing
- verb: provide with or construct with studs
Example: "Stud the wall"
- verb: scatter or intersperse like dots or studs
Search for stud at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...