Definitions of stub:
- noun: the part of a check that is retained as a record
- noun: a torn part of a ticket returned to the holder as a receipt
- noun: a short piece remaining on a trunk or stem where a branch is lost
- noun: the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
- noun: a small piece
Example: "A stub of a pencil"
- verb: strike against an object
Example: "She stubbed her one's toe in the dark and now it's broken"
Search for stub at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse