Definitions of struggle:
- noun: strenuous effort
Example: "The struggle to get through the crowd exhausted her"
- noun: an energetic attempt to achieve something
Example: "Getting through the crowd was a real struggle"
- noun: an open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals)
- verb: to exert strenuous effort against opposition
Example: "He struggled to get free from the rope"
- verb: make a strenuous or labored effort
Example: "She struggled for years to survive without welfare"
- verb: be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight
- verb: climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
Search for struggle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse