Definitions of strength:
- noun: the property of being physically or mentally strong
Example: "Fatigue sapped his strength"
- noun: the condition of financial success
Example: "The strength of the company's stock in recent weeks"
- noun: the amount of energy transmitted (as by acoustic or electromagnetic radiation)
Example: "They measured the station's signal strength"
- noun: the power to induce the taking of a course of action or the embracing of a point of view by means of argument or entreaty
Example: "The strength of his argument settled the matter"
- noun: capacity to produce strong physiological or chemical effects
Example: "The strength of the drinks"
- noun: physical energy or intensity
Example: "It was destroyed by the strength of the gale"
- noun: capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war
Example: "We faced an army of great strength"
- noun: permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force
- noun: an asset of special worth or utility
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #59939)
Search for strength at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse