Definitions of street:
- noun: a thoroughfare (usually including sidewalks) that is lined with buildings
Example: "They walked the streets of the small town"
- noun: the part of a thoroughfare between the sidewalks; the part of the thoroughfare on which vehicles travel
Example: "Be careful crossing the street"
- noun: people living or working on the same street
Example: "The whole street protested the absence of street lights"
- noun: a situation offering opportunities
Example: "He worked both sides of the street"
- noun: the streets of a city viewed as a depressed environment in which there is poverty and crime and prostitution and dereliction
Example: "She tried to keep her children off the street"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 12500 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1513)
Search for street at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse