Definitions of strand:
- noun: line consisting of a complex of fibers or filaments that are twisted together to form a thread or a rope or a cable
- noun: a pattern forming a unity within a larger structural whole
Example: "He tried to pick up the strands of his former life"
- noun: a street in west central London famous for its theaters and hotels
- noun: a poetic term for a shore (as the area periodically covered and uncovered by the tides)
- noun: a necklace made by a stringing objects together
Example: "A strand of pearls"
- noun: a very slender natural or synthetic fiber
- verb: leave stranded or isolated withe little hope og rescue
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3473)
Search for strand at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse