Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of straight:
- noun: a poker hand with 5 consecutive cards (regardless of suit)
- noun: a straight segment of a roadway or racecourse
- noun: a heterosexual person; someone having a sexual orientation to persons of the opposite sex
- adjective: not homosexual
- adjective: erect in posture
Example: "He was straight with something angry in his attitude"
- adjective: having no deviations
Example: "Straight lines"
- adjective: without curves
- adjective: honest and morally upright
Example: "I just want a straight answer to the question"
- adjective: neatly arranged; not disorderly
Example: "The room is straight now"
- adjective: right; in keeping with the facts
Example: "Set the record straight"
- adjective: successive (without a break)
Example: "Sick for five straight days"
- adjective: following a correct or logical method
Example: "Straight reasoning"
- adjective: reliable in matters of fact
Example: "He was always straight with me"
- adjective: (of hair) having no waves or curls
Example: "Her naturally straight hair hung long and silky"
- adjective: characterized by honesty and fairness
- adjective: no longer coiled
- adjective: rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
- adjective: without water
- adjective: accurately fitted; level
- adverb: in a straight line; in a direct course
Example: "The road runs straight"
- adverb: without deviation
- adverb: in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly
Example: "Told me straight out"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5018)
Search for straight at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Follow us on Twitter if you dare!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse