Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of storm:
- noun: a direct and violent assault on a stronghold
- noun: a violent weather condition with winds 64-72 knots (11 on the Beaufort scale) and precipitation and thunder and lightening
- noun: a violent commotion or disturbance
Example: "The storms that had characterized their relationship had died away"
- verb: blow hard
Example: "It was storming all night"
- verb: rain, hail, or snow hard and be very windy, often with thunder or lightning
Example: "If it storms, we'll need shelter"
- verb: attack by storm; attack suddenly
- verb: take by force
Example: "Storm the fort"
- verb: behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4840)
Search for storm at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for storm (New!)
Announcing the 2016 RhymeZone Poetry Prize
Read and comment on a recent entry: The Dream Dreaming Us
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse