Definitions of stomach:
- noun: an enlarged and muscular saclike organ of the alimentary canal; the principal organ of digestion
- noun: an appetite for food
Example: "Exercise gave him a good stomach for dinner"
- noun: an inclination or liking for things involving conflict or difficulty or unpleasantness
Example: "He had no stomach for a fight"
- noun: the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis
- verb: bear to eat
Example: "He cannot stomach raw fish"
- verb: put up with something or somebody unpleasant
Search for stomach at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse