Definitions of stir:
- noun: emotional agitation and excitement
- noun: a disorderly outburst or tumult
- noun: a rapid bustling commotion
- verb: mix or add by stirring
Example: "Stir nuts into the dough"
- verb: move very slightly
- verb: move an implement through with a circular motion
Example: "Stir the soup"
- verb: affect emotionally
Example: "A stirring movie"
- verb: to begin moving, "As the thunder started the sleeping children began to stir"
- verb: stir feelings in
Example: "Stir emotions"
- verb: stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of
- verb: evoke or call forth, with or as if by magic
Example: "Stir a disturbance"
Search for stir at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse