Definitions of sting:
- noun: a painful wound caused by the thrust of an insect's stinger into skin
- noun: a kind of pain; something as sudden and painful as being stung
Example: "The sting of death"
- noun: a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property
- noun: a mental pain or distress
- verb: deliver a sting to
- verb: cause an emotional pain, as if by stinging
- verb: cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort
- verb: cause a stinging pain
- verb: saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous
Search for sting at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse